Fishing at Woodside
It has been important to us to create an area accessible by all, especially allowing easy access for the disabled, giving everyone the opportunity to fish for Carp, Rudd, Roach and Tench. There are two main fishing areas: the Conservation Area pools are long established with an even depth throughout and provide for a relaxing days fishing; the Cider Mill pool has differing depths and offers a challenge to the most experienced of fishermen. There are also an additional 5 pools ideal for pond dipping Fish weighing 6-8lb are regularly landed but Carp of 17lb have also been caught. Fishing is only available to customers staying at Woodside Country Park and all are asked to respect our simple rules. Fishing is free of charge to guests staying in our lodges, whilst a fee applies to all other guests and a day ticket should be obtained from reception.
We ask you to respect the following simple rules in order to enhance your enjoyment of the fishing available in the adjoining wildlife area.
- No keepnets to be used
- Only barbless hooks are permitted
- Groundbait and Boilies are not permitted
- Sweetcorn, Maggots or Bread are recommended as bait
- All fish must be returned to the pool which they were caught in
- No litter please
- All persons visiting the lakes do so at their own risk.
- All juniors must be accompanied by an adult
- All Environment Agency laws and by-laws MUST be strictly adhered to.
- Fishing rod licences are necessary (available from most Post Offices)
1 day permit £5 3 day permit £10 7 day permit £25